Lead Technical Animator
Nicholas.T.Stevenson at gmail dot com
- 14 years of animation and rigging experience targeting next generation platforms and engines.
- Considerable id Tech and Unreal engine experience.
- Extensive Python Programming Experience (Maya - Modo - Motion Builder)
- Strong general 3d skill set including Modeling, Rendering, Texturing, and Simulation.
- Thorough background in motion capture setup, calibration, solving and cleaning.
- Traditional art education with a focus on 3d implementation.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare & Exo Zombies DLC
- Call of Duty: Online
- Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Quake 4
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance
- X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
- Troll Bridge by Snowgum Films - Keyframe Animation and Character Rigging
EXTENSIVE PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
- Motion Builder
- 3ds Max
- Python Programming Language
- id Tech and Unreal Engines
- zBrush and 3d Coat
- EvArt and Solver - Motion Analysis Motion Capture Systems
Raven Software - Experience Breakdown
2015 to Present - Lead Technical Animator
- Lead a team comprised of myself and three other Technical Animators.
- Develop and Expand the Animation pipelines as a Team, focusing on individual disciplines.
- Produce Animation rigs and assets for multiple productions.
2009 to 2015 - Senior Technical Animator
- Create Plugins and Tools to improve and streamline the Animation, Cinematic, and Modeling pipelines.
- Rigging and Skinning of game assets, including characters, props, and weapons.
- Generating animation rigs for use in both Maya and Motion Builder.
- Pipeline setup and troubleshooting of exporting/importing assets in to the game engine.
- Worked directly with the Motion Capture department for Maya & Motion Builder capture implementation.
2005-2009 - Animator to Senior Animator
- Cleanup of Motion Capture data, and extensive polish for in game animations on Wolfenstein, Singularity using both Maya and Motion Builder.
- Rigging and exporting of many characters, props and vehicles for Wolfenstein and Singularity
- Ragdoll setup for characters, props, weapons and vehicles using Unreal’s Phat with Havok in game implementation.
- Rigging, Setup, and Animation of all first person weapons in Wolfenstein.
- Worked directly with the programming department for the character gib/gore, and havok ragdoll systems on Wolfenstein.
2004-2005 - Motion Capture Intern to Junior Animator
- Capturing, solving, and cleaning of Motion Capture performances.
- Setup of the Mocap Camera system and Software, as well as calibration and focusing of the cameras.
- Delivery of Motion Capture performances in to both Maya, Motion Builder, and 3ds Max.
2003-2005 - Madison Area Technical College
- Associates Degree in Computer Animation
- Extensive traditional training with emphasis on its implementation towards 3d projects.
- Performed the task of a lab monitor and helped students troubleshoot their scenes and projects.